I love that moment in winter when you are walking from your car into your house, and you smell something amazing cooking in the air... then you realise it is coming from your house! I find every day I throw things in the crockpot, I get this feeling when I arrive home from work. One of my absolute favourites is a Thai curry massaman lamb shank, choc full of delicious gravy, potatoes and easily teamed up with some steamed broccoli, beans and rice.
- 4 x Lamb Shanks
- 1 Brown Onion Finely chopped
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 5 - 7 potatoes quartered
- 2 cups of Liquid Chicken stock
- 400 ml can of Coconut cream
- 210 g Massaman curry paste
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- Place the lamb shanks in a plastic bag with the cornflour and shake until coated.
- Place the onions, potatoes, curry paste and coconut cream in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine the fish sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar and chicken stock and mix.
- Pour the liquid into the slow cooker and mix around.
- Cook on a low heat for 7 hours.
- Serve with rice and steamed greens.