Can you picture it now? The smell of your hot ham cooking on Christmas day, the smokey smell of the brown sugar and marmalade creating a beautiful crust on a tender and juicy ham? If you want the perfect glaze for your Christmas meal - here is Brad the butchers sure-fire Christmas Ham Marinade to impress your guests.
What you need:
1 leg of ham (if you do not have one - you can buy a 100% NZ pork ham on the bone here)
1 small jar of orange marmalade
½ cup sweet thick soy sauce (or tamari for those of you who are gluten-free)
1 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari for those of you who are gluten-free)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
How to glaze your Christmas Ham
- It's time to preheat your oven to medium heat at 150 degrees C.
- Pour yourself a bubbly - after all, cooking should be an enjoyable experience - not stressful.
- Remove skin from the ham, leaving as much fat on as possible (it makes for a tender juicy ham).
- Take a sharp knife and Score the fat all the way through to the ham in a cross pattern (it's starting to feel like Christmas)
- Place on wire rack in a roasting dish so the fat can render off as it cooks. (Tip: laying down some tin foil meals clean up is a breeze as it catches the fat)
- Mix together remaining ingredients in a bowl and brush onto scored fat to glaze your ham.
- Place in oven and cook for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, you can grill the ham on high for 3-4 mins if you want a more charred appearance and wonderful smokey flavour. Make sure you keep a careful eye on the ham while you are grilling as it will burn quickly due to the sugar and marmalade.
Don't have a ham yet?
Pre Order your Christmas Ham Now from our online store
Photo Credit [- Pork NZ ]