Our Must Have Ham Glaze Recipe for your Christmas Spread!
Can you picture it now? The smell of your hot ham cooking on Christmas day, the smokey smell of the brown sugar and marmalade creating a beautiful crust on a tender and juicy ham? If you want the perfect glaze for your Christmas meal - here is Brad the butchers sure-fire Christmas Ham Marinade to impress your guests.
What you need:
1 leg of ham (if you do not have one - you can buy a 100% NZ pork ham on the bone here)
1 small jar of orange marmalade
½ cup sweet thick soy sauce (or tamari for those of you who are gluten-free)
1 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari for those of you who are gluten-free)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
How to glaze your Christmas Ham
- It's time to preheat your oven to medium heat at 150 degrees C.
- Pour yourself a bubbly - after all, cooking should be an enjoyable experience - not stressful.
- Remove skin from the ham, leaving as much fat on as possible (it makes for a tender juicy ham).
- Take a sharp knife and Score the fat all the way through to the ham in a cross pattern (it's starting to feel like Christmas)
- Place on wire rack in a roasting dish so the fat can render off as it cooks. (Tip: laying down some tin foil meals clean up is a breeze as it catches the fat)
- Mix together remaining ingredients in a bowl and brush onto scored fat to glaze your ham.
- Place in oven and cook for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, you can grill the ham on high for 3-4 mins if you want a more charred appearance and wonderful smokey flavour. Make sure you keep a careful eye on the ham while you are grilling as it will burn quickly due to the sugar and marmalade.
Don't have a ham yet?
Pre Order your Christmas Ham Now from our online store
Photo Credit [- Pork NZ ]