The best mushroom and peppercorn sauce for steak for summer 2020
Having friends over for a BBQ? Wow, them with my signature mushroom & peppercorn Sauce.
You will need:
- Mushrooms sliced (2/3c per person)
- 1-2 Shallots sliced (optional)
- Green Peppercorns (1/2 teaspoon per person)
- Just Aioli (1 Heaped Tablespoon per person) or as needed to reach the desired consistency
- Chop peppercorns roughly to release their flavour.
- Cook the mushrooms, Shallots and peppercorns in a frying pan with a little butter until golden and caramelised.
- Place in a bowl to cool (or they will cook the aioli.)
- Place a large heaped tablespoon of garlic aioli per person into the bowl (I love "Just aioli" from the supermarket).
- Mix together and scoop onto steak.
I love serving an eye fillet or scotch fillet on a bed of rocket, or a green salad, or with some zucchini noodles tossed in garlic and herb salt with butter and a dollop or two of this sauce drizzled on top.