Lamb Backstrap With Moroccan Salad
Recipe Credit: Delicious.au
And to Michael for sharing!
Check out his finished creation! >>
Shop our Lamb Products here
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons harissa (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 x 350g lamb backstraps, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (100g) couscous
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped, plus whole leaves to serve
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped, plus whole leaves to serve
- 100g whole blanched almonds
- 2 butter lettuces, leaves separated
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
1.For marinade, combine parsley, coriander, garlic, harissa, thyme, olive oil, lemon juice and cumin in a bowl. Add lamb and turn to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
2.For the salad, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour over 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water, cover and set aside for 5 minutes, then fluff up with a fork. Cool. Combine harissa, 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil, lime juice and chopped coriander and mint. Season, then set aside.
3.Heat remaining oil in a small frypan over medium-high heat and cook almonds, turning, for 1-2 minutes until golden. Drain on paper towel and season with sea salt.
4.Preheat barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high heat, then cook lamb for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
5.Arrange lettuce on a platter, top with couscous and almonds, and drizzle with the dressing. Scatter with extra mint and coriander leaves, and spring onions. Thickly slice lamb and serve with salad.