Juicy Beer Can Chicken Recipe
It's time to get this bird drunk! This is the perfect summer BBQ meal to impress your guests or just because it's delicious. You get all the flavour from basting your meat for hours, without the added effort.
[ Image Credit: Mike McCune ]
- A Whole Chicken
- 1 Can of Beer (it will also work with ginger ale, coke or lemonade).
OPTIONAL: Bump up the flavour by applying this killer marinade the night before.
- The juice of one lemon
- 2 Garlic cloves diced
- 3-4 Tablespoons of oil (I use Olive Oil)
- 2 teaspoon of Herb & Garlic Salt (or just regular salt)
- 1 Teaspoon of pepper
- 1 Teaspoons of Chilli Flakes
- 2 Teaspoons of Spoked Paprika
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush the chicken with the marinade and inside the cavity, cover with cling film and marinate overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and pat dry,
- Sprinkle with extra paprika and give your bird a little massage... we want her tender.
[ Image Credit: Insufficient Postage]
Beer Can Chicken Method:
- Preheat your BBQ (or oven) to a medium heat around 180 to 230C
- Crack open a can of your favourite beer... Pour half into a glass. (Or if it is that cheap beer you don't want to drink that uncle Tim left in your fridge after he drank all of your beer... maybe down the sink).
- Place the half-filled beer can into the chicken's cavity.
- Once the BBQ is preheated turn it to a roasting setting (will vary from BBQ to BBQ). Place the chicken in the centre of your bbq and roast over indirect medium heat for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 74C or Until the chicken is browned, the meat is tender and the juices are clear TIP: If the juices are not clear, cook for another 10 minutes and check again
- Remove your chicken from the barbecue, cover in foil and allow to rest for 10 - 20 minutes.
Serving Suggestions: I love to serve mine with a crisp summer salad of some green beans with butter.
Did you try this one?
If you do give this a go we would love to see your pictures. Upload them to social media and tag us @halswellbutchery so we can see your BBQ creation. Be sure to leave us a comment so we can see what you thought.